qa mendoni per nadin LIVE

Born to be green

qa mendoni per nadin LIVE

Post by Born to be green »

Motra e vllazni une nuk di shum per ket band ama kom ngue shum kang prej tynve edhe e gjeta qaty en gogle pak histori per ta

Kowalczyk, Taylor, Dahlheimer, and Gracey first came together for a middle-school talent show in the Pennsylvania blue-collar town of York. The group remained together throughout high school, going through a handful of band names and new-wave covers before settling on the moniker Public Affection and recording a self-released cassette of originals, The Death of a Dictionary, in 1989. Soon after in 1990, Public Affection released an EP of demos produced by Jay Healy titled Divided Mind, Divided Planet through their Black Coffee mailing list. Frequent trips into New York City to play at CBGB helped net the band a deal with Radioactive Records in 1991. With the new name Live, the band entered the studio with former Talking Heads keyboardist Jerry Harrison that year and began recording the EP Four Songs (1991). The single "Operation Spirit (The Tyranny of Tradition)" went to #9 on the Modern Rock chart, and paved the way for the band's Harrison-produced full-length debut, 1991's Mental Jewelry (#73). The album lyrics, penned by Kowalczyk, were heavily inspired by Indian guru Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Fueled by light touring (including billing at Woodstock '94 and Peter Gabriel's WOMAD tour) and a string of hit singles ("I Alone," "All Over You" and the #1 Modern Rock hits "Selling the Drama" and "Lightning Crashes"), Live's next album, Throwing Copper, gave the band the breakthrough it desired. The steady success of the singles propelled the album to #1 on the Billboard 200 on May 6, 1995, more than a year after the album was released. To date, it is their best-selling album and often most highly regarded album by fans and critics. The band was invited to appear on NBC's Saturday Night Live where they performed their hits "I Alone" and "Selling the Drama."

The momentum continued long enough to help 1997's Secret Samadhi (co-produced by the band and Jay Healey) debut at #1. Deriving its name from a state of Hindu meditation, the album spawned four Modern Rock hit singles, but failed to match its predecessor's success, with sales topping off at 2 million. The band performed "Lakini's Juice" and "Heropsychodreamer" from this album on Saturday Night Live.

Harrison came back on board as co-producer for 1999's The Distance to Here, which debuted at #4 and featured the hit single "The Dolphin's Cry."

On September 18, 2001, the more experimental V (originally scheduled to be titled Ecstatic Fanatic) was issued to mixed reviews, preceded by "Simple Creed" as the first single. However, with the events of 9/11—which occurred a week before V's release—the melancholic "Overcome" began receiving significant airplay, superseding "Simple Creed" and becoming V's selling point. Unfortunately, Live's commercial stock—compounded by their petering radio airplay—had fallen further since The Distance to Here, with V merely reaching #22 at home, and failing to reach gold status. That same year, Live contributed a live performance version of their song "I Alone" to the charity album Live in the X Lounge IV.

Birds of Pray appeared in May 2003, bolstered by the unexpected success of "Heaven," Live's first U.S. Hot 100-placing single since "The Dolphin's Cry." Reaching #28, Birds of Pray ultimately outsold V, although it too received mixed reviews and failed to reach gold status.

In November 2004, Live released Awake: The Best of Live, a career-spanning compilation that included "We Deal in Dreams," a previously unreleased song from the Throwing Copper sessions, and a cover of Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line," as well as Birds of Pray's "Run Away," re-imagined with Shelby Lynne on co-lead vocals.

In 2005, Live signed with Sony BMG Music Entertainment's Epic label, and released a new album entitled Songs from Black Mountain in June 2006, preceded by "The River" as lead single. Thus far, the album has achieved much international success and critical acclaim. However, in their native United States of America, it has proven Live's lowest-seller yet domestically, only reaching #52 before quickly disappearing from the charts.

While Live remains only moderately popular in terms of record sales in the United States, much of their current sales come from places in Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Ed Kowalczyk has said that "Holland is the center of the Live universe."[citation needed]

The group made news in January 2006 as three band members (Chad Taylor, Patrick Dahlheimer and touring rhythm guitar Adam Kowalczyk) and two members of the band's road crew were on a United Airlines flight when smoke filled the cabin, requiring the pilot to make an emergency landing.

On season five of American Idol, finalist Chris Daughtry was accused of performing Live's rendition of Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" and calling it his own. One week later Daughtry acknowledged it was not his own rendition, even saying Live was one of his favorite bands. In May 2006, Live appeared on The Howard Stern Show and addressed this issue.

On May 24, 2006, the band and Chris Daughtry performed "Mystery" on the season finale of American Idol, and on June 7, a new version of "Mystery" was released on the Friends of Live website featuring Chris Daughtry on guest vocals.

In an April 2007 interview, the band announced that they will film a full length concert in Brazil to be released on DVD next year. [3]

In May 2007, it was announced that Live will begin touring together with Collective Soul and Counting Crows in July. [4] On July 3, 2007, Live kicked off its summer touring season and performed live at Pittsburgh's PNC Park for a one-night only gig following a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game.

And in July 2007, Live announced that they would be heading into the studio later on in the year to record their next studio album, due in Spring 2008. In the meantime, they also plan to release a live album of unreleased outtakes and b-sides, plus two new tracks titled "Beautiful Invisible" and "Radiant Sea." [5][6]
aenima

Post by aenima »

vocali e zanin e mir se kshtu sjom kumedit diqka shum fans i tyre e i kom nje tre albume njeri qe e kom ngu pak ma shum edhe qe pom kujtohet eshte " The distance to here " nese sgabova weq mei analizu pernime sdalin te dobt ,, hajt me te mira
Pandemonis

Re: qa mendoni per nadin LIVE

Post by Pandemonis »

copy-past kollaj, amo duhet me kallxu dicka prej vetes ose ne pika te shkurta.....

une kur e pash LIVE, thash kush osht kjo femen hehehe
amo eshte bend i mire, kongen e pare te tyne qe e kom pas ndi eshte kon, Selling the Drama, shume konge e mire, e para lufte incizojsha konge ne kaseta prej ni shkavellit qe shitke CD ngat grandit...edhe i shkrujsha konget qe dojsha me mi incizu... i kom albumet krejt te keti grupi (disa edhe origjinale) amo Secret Samadhi edhe Throwing Copper jon ma t'mirat edhe ketu tjerat jane te mira veq kto dy me pelqejn ma shume.

por me ni gazete me doket bota Sot, e vitit 2000 qe i publikoj 100 kenget me te mira te mileniumit ne USA, kenga e keti grupi "lighting Crashes" (me duket ja kushton ni femne qe ka vdek gjat lindjes se femise se saj) eshte kone diku ne vendin 33 nese nuk gaoj...
ni kohe shume i kom ngu kta....